The Pledge of Allegiance was first published where?
1. In the Congressional Record.
2. As a pamphlet circulated by the Suffrage Movement.
3. A children's magazine called The Youth's Companion.
4. As a poster for display in public buildings.
5. On a plaque at the Statue of Liberty.
How many times has the wording of the Pledge of
Allegiance been changed?
1. Once, when the words "Under
God" were added in 1954.
2. It has been altered twice.
3. The Pledge has been modified three times.
4. The Pledge of Allegiance has never been changed.
5. There have been multiple versions.
During which occasions should an American render
either a hand salute (when in uniform) or place their hand over their
1. While reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. When the National Anthem is being played.
3. Both of the above.
4. When the flag is being raised or lowered.
5. When the flag is passing by in a parade or flag ceremony
6. ALL of the above.
When reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, what is the
proper procedure for those wearing a hat that is NOT part of a uniform?
1. Any person wearing a hat should remove it
during the Pledge.
2. Men ONLY should remove their hat with the left hand and
hold it at their
side while placing their right
hand over their heart.
3. Men ONLY should remove their hat with the right hand, then
hold it over
their heart with the right hand.
4. Men ONLY should remove their hat with the right hand,
holding the hat
over the left shoulder with the right
hand covering the heart.
5. Any man wearing a hat should leave their hat on and render
a hand salute
in military fashion.
True or False:
Prior to World War II the accepted method of
saluting the Flag was to extend the arm towards the flag, palm
facing upward, at the point in the Pledge where the words "My
Flag" were recited.