Contact Us

The Home of Heroes website contains citations for Medal of Honor, Distinguished Service Cross, and Silver Star recipients.  We routinely update our pages with new information, and hope that you visit our website often.


How Do I Add/Correct a Name in Our Database?
If you would like to make a correction or add a name to our database, you must submit their complete name, war, branch of service, a copy of their citation and a photo.  Please fill out the “Contact Us” form and we will respond with further instructions.

Where Can I Get Information Regarding Medals and Awards?
If you have questions regarding medals and awards, this eBook will direct you to the appropriate government resource to request that information:

Can You Help Me Research Stolen Valor?
Home of Heroes does not have access to individual military personnel records and is unable to research Stolen Valor. Agencies that need to verify valor award recipients should contact the appropriate Military Service. The Military Services provide priority support to law enforcement agencies to assist them in determining whether or not someone is a valor award recipient. Employers, state or federal organizations can verify valor award recipients by requesting copies of the service member's discharge paperwork. For further instructions, please visit

Where Can I Obtain Military Record Information?
If you are a veteran or next-of-kin of a deceased veteran, you may order a copy of your military records at It includes complete instructions for preparing and submitting requests. All requests must be in writing, signed and mailed to the National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records (NPRC-MPR) at the address shown below. The MPRC-MPR is the repository of millions of military personnel, health, and medical records of discharged and deceased veterans of all services during the 20th century. Records prior to WWI are in Washington, D.C. Instructions for obtaining those records can be found at:

National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63138

Other valuable resources include:

U.S. Department of Defense

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Veterans Radio


Legal Help for Veterans